There’s starting to be a lot of activity surrounding SharePoint Conference 2012 in Las Vegas next month, so I thought I’d do a quick post on the activities I’ll be participating in and how we can meet up while at the conference.
This first item on the agenda is the SharePoint Community Hub. SharePointJoel.com, NothingButSharePoint.com and NothingButBranding.com are sponsoring a booth to act as a meeting place for all types of community groups around the world: SharePoint User Groups, SharePoint Saturday organizers, regional event managers, the STPAfrica Team, Migration Tool Vendors, Live Bloggers and more. We will be taking photos of each of the groups as they come together so that we can document this time in history and look back on how large and diverse the SharePoint Community is in 2012.
Here’s a list of some of the groups we will be meeting with:
- Community leaders and SharePoint MVPs
- Connect with your user group leader or others from your area
- Join Dave Coleman and the Live Bloggers at SPC12
- Meet SharePoint branders and designers
- Meet Up with the Conference Live Bloggers with Dave Coleman
- Meet the O'Reilly Authors
- Meet the SharePoint community from Africa
- Meet the SharePoint community from Middle East
- Meet the SharePoint community from Europe
- Meet the SharePoint community from South/Central America
- Meet the SharePoint community from Asia/Pacific
- Meet the Nothing But SharePoint authors
- Meet the Nothing But Branding authors
- Meet the Sharing the Point Tours Teams
- NothingButSharePoint Custom Shirts with Jeremy Thake
- Learn more about SharePoint Saturday events and meet the event coordinators
- Sign-up for the SharePoint Yammer Community #SPYam
- Find out what is happening during the week and head out with the group to that event
As part of the SharePoint Community Hub experience, I will be doing sessions on how to create SharePoint Survival Bracelets, for those who need a couple spare feet of paracord while navigating the canyons of the conference hall.
My concentration right now is on branding and how it affects the SharePoint interface experience, so I’m going to coordinate a meet up with SharePoint branders and authors for EndUserSharePoint and NothingButBranding so we can exchange ideas around the future of the SharePoint interface.
Bonnie Surma, Janis Hall and Wendy Neal have volunteered to help Joel and I coordinate the activities at the booth. We will be in constant motion with something new happening every hour. We’ll have monitors showing all of the events happening around the conference and a live twitter stream display so you can check to see what’s happening from other attendee’s perspectives.
As he did last year, Jeremy Thake is creating custom t-shirts for NothingButSharePoint that will include your twitter handle on it. He will be announcing the sign-up form within the next couple days. A lot of people were turned away disappointed last year because they did not register in advance for a shirt. Keep an eye out for the announcement so you won’t lose out this time.
For the Colligo Briefcase sponsored lunch on Tuesday, The STPAfrica Team will show video, pictures and tell stories about our adventures creating community in Eastern Africa and our six day climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. You’ll get to meet the entire team who made the climb, including Michael Noel, Eric Harlan, John Anderson, Paul Swider, Joel and myself.
We are currently in the process of confirming the hours for each of our activies and will post it on EventBrite so you can add your selections to your schedule. Joel, Bonnie, Janis, Wendy and I look forward to seeing you at the SharePoint Community Hub and hope to help make your SharePoint Conference 2012 an enjoyable experience.